Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pictures of my Bella.. She is a tortie, with bright eyes so it is really hard to take good pictures of her.

I rescued her from a local rescue shelter and they had gotten her from an abusive, neglectful and disgusting home. She was owned by a guy and she now is afraid of men.. After almost 2 years, she is just warming up to my boyfriend (we adopted her together).. Her tail was also partially cut off before we adopted her due to the conditions of where she was living.

But, now she is a very happy girl and I love her more than anything. She greets me at the door, sleeps in my face, begs for food while I am eating, gets into everything.. She is so playful and adorable. Has the cutest purr ever, she squeaks when she's happy and purring. Absolutely adorable!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Awww, cute big eyes

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
What a precious tortie cat! Isn't it wonderful how these babies respond to nurturing and safety after they've been rescued? It takes a bit of time but when they come around they are such great companions. Thank you for opening your heart and home to Miss Bella.

My youngest is a tortie and she has the best personality now that she is settled into her forever home. She was a rescue from a feral litter and it took awhile for her to trust humans. She follows Graybee (my alpha cat) everywhere like a shadow!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Awww she looks just like my Missy cat (who is also a rescue)!!! Missy also loves to talk, her meow is very "squeaky" and she has the most adorable tail shudder when she is happy :) It is taking her a while to fully trust me too... but I love her to death :)
Thanks for saving Miss Bella!!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awww, cute big eyes

Her eyes make me melt! They are part of the reason I originally fell in love with her when I saw her at the shelter to begin with.. You can't really tell in the pictures, but her eyes are like a gorgeous blue/green, something I had never seen before..

And, it really is amazing the way she has changed since we got her. Her personality is definitely a 180 from how she was.. When we took her out of the shelter she was petrified of anything and everything - us, the other cats, dogs.. It was heart breaking.

All of your torties are gorgeous by the way. I had never really seen any before adopting Bella.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts