Cat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Β·
Registered
1 Posts
I am so very sorry. πŸ™πŸ€—πŸ’“ How are you doing? Did your Vet figure out why your cat stopped eating?

I can so relate- I just put my 18 year old cat to sleep on Saturday. It's been so hard I'm still struggling - she was my whole world and I miss her terribly. I can't help but wonder if I made the right decision. She was still eating somewhat but having trouble with her balance and definitely felt lighter so she couldn't of felt well.
I called my Vet office first thing Saturday morning they told me they were booked solid and couldn't get us in until Monday. She had just been in for a senior wellness exam and labs done- just 1 month and 5 days before. My Vet texted me with her lab results 2 days later and told me that her calcium was off .2 and her specific gravity was low at 1.019 which she said they usually see that with kidney disease but that her kidney function was normal and her other labs were normal.
I trusted her judgement so I didn't see a copy of her lab results. On Saturday I stopped by their office to get a copy of her lab results to take with me to the ER Vet. The ER Vet told me she was in critical condition. She reviewed her lab results done on April 2 and told me her BUN at 39 was stage 2 kidney disease. But yet her Vet told me last month that her kidney function was normal. The ER Vet did some of her labs for me her BUN was now 60- which she said was now stage 3 or 4 kidney disease, her Creatinine was now above normal at 3.61 and her specific gravity was now 1.016. They said she was in critical condition and had lost almost 1 lb- since her Vet visit on April 2. I thought at that point it was probably to late to save her so I put her to sleep.
I really feel her Vet is at fault from her April 2nd, 2022 bloodwork when her BUN was at 39 and in Stage 2 Kidney disease but yet Vet told me her Kidney function was normal.
I can't help but wonder if she still had a fighting chance in her on Saturday even though she was in critical condition and her labs had changed alot. I didn't want her in pain but I feel terrible if I put her to sleep before she was ready.

I'm here if you want to chat.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts