Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my best friend from high school is getting married tomorrow, Saturday, and I am the Maid of Honor. I'm so excited!

However.

Wouldn't you know, this morning before my shower, I'm wrapped in my towel, and I pick up Lumen to put her on the window-sill. She leaps from my arms, and in pushing her back legs off my chest, she SCRATCHES THE $%#! out of my chest/bust line. I now have three, 2-inch-long scratches on my chest, one of them bleeding.

Guess who has a gorgeous low-cut bridesmaid dress to wear IN 24 HOURS.

I am furious.. with myself, for not thinking and picking up a cat in a towel. The day before my best friend's wedding.

The swelling is going down, and I'm dousing it in rubbing alcohol to keep it clean.. Lumen has no clue what she did or why I screamed bloody murder as she jumped. She's sitting about 10 feet away from me now, looking at me pensively.
:cussing

Okay, I'll be fine. Nothing a spray-tan won't fix, I hope. What, I'm from Jersey.

/pityparty

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
aawww...that sux...as luck would have it. That would've been me, too...lol and I live in NY...hahaha.

Hope it all works out in the end.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL, thanks all. I bought some "airbrush effect" pancake makeup that I'm playing with now. The swelling went down, but the three scratches are there, and red, and angry-looking. I'm very fair-skinned (Irish/Polish/German) so they stand out strongly.

Hopefully with some good makeup, this spray-tan, and plenty of drinks at the open bar, no one will notice.

Crazy kitties!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Be careful with spray tanning...it usually goes on even except on irregular surfaces...such as a raised/slightly bumpy cat scratch. So you may be evenly tanned with dark brown scratches across your chest where the dye built up. In which case, I'd just use some cover up makeup to dab across the scratches. And carry that same makeup with you during the wedding for touch ups. Just make SURE that you're ABSOLUTELY positive it's the right shade. Have somebody else check it outside in broad daylight and tell you if it'll work or not. It's more or less impossible to be certain of a shade on our own bodies in bathroom lighting. And I'd rather have some cat scratches than a funky blotchy colored chest in wedding photos ;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
I would get a liquid bandaid for it, then after it dries, put some makeup on it. Should be easier to blend if there's a smooth surface, AND you won't risk infecting the scratches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts