Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a questions. Now I know that you can't bump old topics after a certain time. So I was wondering do those topics get lock anyway or deleted? I just feel like if the old topic gets deleted or locked( really deleted), maybe it will save up space on the forum. Sometimes my computer slows down probably because of so many topics that get made everyday.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I've been a member of Cat Forum for almost six years and my computer has never slowed down because of the number of posts on this forum. Your computer is probably low on memory or you may have a bunch of other stuff running while you're on Cat Forum.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably.. Besides this computer is like 4 years old anyway. I don't want to get a new one though. Those computers are expensive.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Forum threads would have nothing to do with your computer slowing down. The messages aren't loaded into your memory and stored there.....

The messages are stored on the forum server... not your computer.

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
No, threads are not automatically locked after a certain time, that's why people can post on old threads and we end up locking them at that point. It's confusing when someone responds to a 6 year old thread and gives advice to a member who hasn't been here in years. Then other members respond and it's a big waste of everyone's time.

We don't delete threads because many people use this forum as a resource for information on a problem they may be having with their cat. There are many old threads with good advice in them.

And no...the number of threads on CatForum is not slowing your computer down. A 4 year old computer is pretty ancient in the computer world. You could also have a virus. A nearly full hard drive will also slow it down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts