Cat Forum banner

Lola scratched up our 3 leather couches/chairs

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  catloverami 
#1 ·
For some reason, Lola decided to scratch up our leather furniture. A couch, loveseat, and chair. Hubby is furious as he is the one that caught her in the act. HELP. What can we do to fix this/prevent this.

#6 ·
Oh no - There is a tape sort of stuff you can buy to keep them off - double sided - but if it's where you sit - wouldn't work. Do you have scratchy posts around the house for her to use?
Yes...yes there is and I can not remember the name...it is on the tip of my tongue though.....can you read it for me.......:wink

I wish I could remember it...but it fixes tears...scratches and small holes/punctures..you do not even see the repair...auuurrrrghhhh...you can buy it at Canadian Tire in Canada but I have no idea where else.

"K"...tonight...or should I say in the morning...like 3am...when the name hits me like a brick and wakes me up...I will call you with the name then:p

#4 ·
Yes she has scratching posts and she has always used them. I have no idea why she did this. She did it on all the corners of the chairs. (black leather so it shows quite well) This is totally new behavior. It literally just happened. We were having storms this morning, and hubby came home at noon to find her doing this. Maybe the storms got her rialed up??

#5 ·
If you have to be out of your home, I would confine her to one room. You could also cover the chairs, sofa with some plastic sheeting or old sheets. Just make sure to tuck it in so she can't get up underneath to scratch. Can the scratches be covered with something that won't make it as noticeble, like shoe polish or some sort of dye?

#8 ·
Thanks everyone. I did go out and buy yet another large scratching post to put where she was tearing up the most. Also the sticky tape says it can damage leather, but then again, its already damaged right *sigh*. I also bought some spray for the couches that is supposed to make her not want to scratch it. Funny thing is she tore up all the black leather items but my hubbys red leather lazyboy she didnt touch. Weird.

#11 ·
Definitely try some other different types of scratchy things. Some cats prefer the cardboard horizontal or slanted ones or U-shaped ones. My girl actually prefers cardboard egg cartons. She likes about 3 stacked together. Rub catnip into the scratching posts as well about every 2 weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.