Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
5,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember I posted a while back regarding meeting new people and joining a London 'culture social group'.

Well - I'm going out with them this evening. Its a huge group of people going (45 at the last count) so not so sure about it all really. I dont usually do wel in groups larger than three.

Its a film poster exhibition followed by a film.

Wish me luck.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
I remember, and go for it! Just remember, almost everyone else there feels just as awkward as you do. The important thing is that you're doing something positive for yourself, regardless of how it turns out. At the very least, you'll have a fun story to tell us tomorrow on the Forum.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
None of these people know you or your fears, so you can be whomever you want to be on this night. You can be quiet and shy, or you can enjoy your time looking at the posters, the movie and just enjoy any conversation that comes your way, or you can enjoy everything and start conversations with people.

Here is something that helps me in new situations with people I don't know:
People like to talk about themselves. Ask a few questions about them and listen to their replies. You will receive 'good vibes' and be well thought of.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Heidi n Q said:
You can be quiet and shy, or you can enjoy your time looking at the posters, the movie and just enjoy any conversation that comes your way..
I agree. Also, don't put presure on yourself to be the one that has to start converstations if that doesn't come naturally. It sounds like an ideal event for a quiet person, as you will be able to enjoy the posters and the movie anyway. It won't be like a drinks party where you feel like a complete lemon if you're just standing there not doing anything.
Tell yourself you're going to see the posters and the film, and anything else that may occur will just be a bonus.
What's the film, by the way?

seashell

·
Super Moderator
18,393 Posts
Have fun Allie...

·
Banned
5,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well - It was quite nice. Didn't really speak to anyone but the film was excellent. Poster exhibition was a bit disappointing -not enough of them. Had a nice email sent from the organiser saying he was pleased to meet me afterwards. Everyone seemed very nice.

I've signed up to go with them again next Thursday. Lets see if I can pluck up enough courage to open my mouth this time :roll:

Thanks for the help and encouragement everyone :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts