Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my siamese cat is 11 months now, and i work 5 days a week, 8hr daily....i sometimes think he is lonely........anything i can do about it????

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i sort of agree, but i don,t believe my landlord would be overly excited about multiple cats...they just recently started allowing pets due to demand for allowing it after many years of no pets allowed

·
Super Moderator
26,809 Posts
Cats sleep most of the day. I know they give you that look that says, "Please don't leave" when you're off to work, but he's probably fine. If he wasn't, he'd be acting out, destroying stuff, getting in trouble while you're at work. Single cats are fine by themselves, Cinderella preferred it when it was just her, and Gigi and Cleo would be overjoyed if the other cats in the house suddenly disappeared and each of them was left as the only cat.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I agree with Marie. You should adopt another cat if you want one and if your circumstances allow, but not otherwise. Just spend whatever time you can with him when you're home. A cat tree or perch by a window is nice for when you're away, if you don't already have one.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I have to leave Prince for 11 hours 4 times a week. I feel awful about it, because I keep forgetting that he needs those 11 hours to sleep anyway. Plus another 5 at night.

I think he sleeps for about 9 hours, and uses the other two to eat, groom, and torment the pigeons through the window. When I come home, everything is intact as I left it, meaning he didn't even have time to play.

If he could choose, he'd rather I worked from home as I did till this week, of course. But it doesn't seem to bother him at all that he's alone during the day.

I try to give him lots of attention and outdoor walks together on the other 3 days, so he'll be tired and sleep a lot the days I'm at work. Because I've read that his breed (he's a mix, of course) like to have some very active and some very passive days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts