Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GF lost her Coatie, a chocolate point Balinese female, to kidney failure in January. Coatie was 16 and the bond between her and my GF was incredible. Coatie's departure also left Sammy, a four year old blue point Balinese male, without a playmate. Well the clock has begun ticking. In about 14 weeks either Chester or Delilah will be coming home to keep Sammy, and my GF, company. The litter of 5 lilac point balis was born 2 weeks ago, one girl and 3 boys. The breeder is going to keep one; the girl if she's a show stopper or a boy if he's a show stopper. My GF's first choice is the girl, so we'll have to wait and see...

The next 14 weeks are goiing to be very long!

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My GF is beside herself! Picture a 5 year old on Christmas eve :) We are going to get pictures in a few weeks and I will share them.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
You have to wait weeks for pictures? Oh, the breeder is cruel. I would think that you would at least get weekly pictures.

They need to have a kitten cam. On a dog forum that I frequent there is a litter due tomorrow and the breeder has a cam so that we can all watch the activities from birth til they go off to their new homes.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Leazie said:
They need to have a kitten cam. On a dog forum that I frequent there is a litter due tomorrow and the breeder has a cam so that we can all watch the activities from birth til they go off to their new homes.
They have this for mares too! And you, the viewer can set the camera to either high or low alert - its an extra set of eyes for the barn owner. Boy, it is addicting to watch!

Anyway, congrats on the new kitty! And yes, pictures must be put up ASAP!

·
Premium Member
9,138 Posts
Leazie said:
You have to wait weeks for pictures? Oh, the breeder is cruel. I would think that you would at least get weekly pictures.

That is very cool!

·
Registered
38 Posts
First of All, I'm sorry for your guys loss - 16years is a long time and that must have been really hard on your GF.

Secondly, CONGRATS on your upcoming addition!
We are awaiting pictures of an almost 7week old Ragdoll to see if he will be our new addition in 6-8weeks & its been 4days I've been waiting on pics and its KILLING us!! I agree these breeders are cruel! :twisted: lol
12weeks will be VERY hard to wait, I've found that if every few days I buy something I need for the new kitty - then that helps pass the time :roll: LOL!! Although dh isn't to happy with this approach! :lol:
Anyway, Looking forward to pictures of your new cutie!!

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
True, the breeder is cruel, but she's where I got Franklin and Franny so I'll try and convince my GF to be patient. I'm not sire how much luck I'll have :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts