Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hubby and I were visiting my family all weekend, so today was all about unpacking, and then getting an order out that needed to be finished. So I was busy, and didn't have time to notice strange things sitting on my patio. The kitties can't see the front patio, so they couldn't alert me to anything that was out there.

When hubby got home, he hollared for me to follow him, and he proceeded to take me outside. As we got outside the garage, he took me to the front of the house, and I looked towards the patio........and look what I saw!

Holy furball batgirl!

At first we didn't know what to do. We have so many ferral cats around here, and you can't even get near them, let alone get them to enter a trap! It stayed sitting there, just meowing......hissing a little, but mostly meowing this really strange meow. I tried to give it food, first some moist, and then dry, along with some water. It wanted nothing. I actually thought it was blind, but it's not, it follows you when you walk. It has the prettiest blue eyes!!!

When Dave walked around back, it went down the steps to check him out. Pretty soon it was rubbing up on him, and he reached down to pet it. It's very friendly. I know that it has to be sick, it's quite skinny, so I was surprised it didn't want anything. It's pretty matted underneath too, and has runny eyes. You can tell his nose must be plugged too by the way he was breathing.

I called the vet from my cell phone to see if we could bring it in, and we put it in a cardboard box carrier I had in the garage. Good thing I told hubby to keep it, he was going to throw it out! We stopped at both neighbors to see if it belonged to them. One wasn't home, and the other said no it wasn't, but he has seen the kitty roaming too.

It is at the vet right now, staying overnight, and will get checked out in the a.m. They are going to call me after doing a health check on it. We made sure we left our clothes in the garage, and thoroughly washed our hands!

I hope kittie will be ok, it's gorgeous!!!! I will update tomorrow with what the vet says.

LOL.........the only thing hubby kept saying......as he rolled his eyes.......was "OMG, 4 cats in the house, I can just see it!" :lol:

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Isn't it amazing how the little lost kitties know where to go? Thank you for taking this gorgeous homeless kitteh in, Geri! :D

·
Super Moderator
26,355 Posts
Hey - nothing wrong with four cats in the house. :D

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe it's a male, I tried to check as Dave put it in the cat carrier. It is declawed also. I'm going to have the vet check for a microchip tomorrow.

Can anyone tell me if this is a specific breed of a cat, just so I know in case someone says they are missing a specific breed, and can identify the cat.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
it looks like Mr. Jinx to me! lol. (from Meet The Parents)

hopefully its healthy and all is well.

i would like to think that he lost his way home/snuck out... i just hate the thought of abandoned.... :cry:

my cat Boo came from outside and was skinny, but with how much she darts to the door, I couldnt imagine she was abandoned.

I wish i could speak kitty and tell her not to go out there... it would take away alot of my worries. my dad is so not careful about her. me and mom are, but dad thinks leaving the door open to go grab something out of the fridge or whatever. he doesnt get that all it takes is 2 seconds with cats. theyre quick.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Claiken said:
it looks like Mr. Jinx to me! lol. (from Meet The Parents)
YES! Jack Byrnes lost him... :lol: But don´t paint Jinx´s tail.

-----

Isn´t it lovely? Cats looking for a new family.... So we got Carter.
I hope, that you find "Mr/s. Jinx" family. Or you have to give him/her a new home. He/she adopted you... :D

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
Awww. Poor wee thing.

If theres no microchip, it might not be a bad idea to put up some 'Found' posters in the area, just in case. You never know, someone might be looking desperately for their lost cat!

Thank goodness s/he found you. I hope the precious bundle feels better soon.

·
Super Moderator
26,355 Posts
I think being declawed and tame and, surprisingly, her(?) hair doesn't look too bad for being outside, it's probably someone's pet. Poor scared little thing.

·
Registered
878 Posts
samuscat said:
Heidi n Q said:
Poor thing! Sounds like it was lost or abandoned.
Good luck to the furry fella!
heidi
i'm going with abandoned.... every time my cats have gotten out they come back.... dont most? and you said it was really skinny and sick huh? theres so many abandoned cats where i live its not funny, poor boogers....
Some cats do, some cats don't. Frankly I've seen worse coats on cats at breeders, especially the long-hairs. I think the kitty looks more lost than anything else, hope he didn't wander too far in is efforts to get un-lost, and that he can be reunited!

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Wow, do you believe the hair on that cat???? I've never seen anything like it.

I'm so glad he found you and you're now making sure he's okay physically. We'll anxiously await to hear about the report from the vet. I just couldn't believe that picture as I scrolled down . . . it was almost like you had to double check it was a CAT! What an incredible looker he is.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just called the vet to make sure they check for a microchip, see if they can tell what age the kitty is, and if he/she is fixed as well. I think that putting up a poster is a good idea, we are a very small town, and if I put something up at the gas station, anyone hoping to find this kitty will see it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I can't believe a declawed kitty found you! I hope it didn't have any internal injuries or anything.

I (kind of) hope you guys can keep it. So very pretty!!!!

Hope all goes well today.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
October said:
Geri, it sounds like you would consider keeping this little one if you can't find an owner?
Yes, Dave would have left me keep him.

See updated thread requarding this kitty.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts