1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took this kitten home this morning , it was outside meowing all night
it was scared before i took him and ran away and it jumped too
so i thought it is ~4 weeks old , but its very small that it fits on my hand
i bathed him then i gave him some milk he couldnt drink by itself so i fed him by my fingers , but he drank water by licking normally like any other cat
can anyone advise me on how to look after him , he is meowing most of the time till i hold him and starts purring
and how can i know his age?
i tried stimulating him after each time i fed but he didnt pee/poop

Attachments

·
Registered
Stanley (aka lanky teenager) Alfie (aka terror of the house) Smudge (aka first of many, RIP)
101 Posts
I think around 4 weeks is a good estimate. Others will come along to recommend what kitten formula you should be using and how to feed him, how much and when etc. What kind of milk have you offered him already?

Just make sure you keep him warm with a nice soft blanket. A heating mat can also be good, but you have to be careful because you can overheat him with that. Offer him some pate style wet cat food, lukewarm. You can even rub some on his gums to see if he will swallow, if he won't eat himself, just until someone more knowledgeable advises you on the best diet. Keep the water on offer though.

A visit to the vet would give you some more information as well. Best of luck, and thank you for rescuing him.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying
i gave him very small amount of normal milk , and he refused to eat anything but ate cheese , is it okay for him?
there is no vets/pet shops in my town thats why i cant get kitten milk , will the normal milk/feeding him cat food with water work?

·
Registered
Stanley (aka lanky teenager) Alfie (aka terror of the house) Smudge (aka first of many, RIP)
101 Posts
I would avoid cows milk, as it cats have trouble digesting it, so if you can't get anything else goats milk is better. Does your local grocery store have a cat food section? Sometimes they sell kitten milk, which isn't the same as formula and not a good for them, but if it's the best you can offer then it will do. But the cat food and water will help, yes.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable comes along soon!

·
Registered
Andy and Bugsy, best buds!
193 Posts
I'm sorry I can't add anything in terms of advice but what an adorable little kitten. Thank you for taking care of him. I know he will be a great companion as a result.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Majeed
I need some clarification. Can you purchase cat food in and around your town? Ordinary Milk isn’t going to benefit him long term.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Majeed
I need some clarification. Can you purchase cat food in and around your town? Ordinary Milk isn’t going to benefit him long term.
Icorado, I just want to say that I love your "signature" and wish more people would live by that.

Thanks for replying
i gave him very small amount of normal milk , and he refused to eat anything but ate cheese , is it okay for him?
there is no vets/pet shops in my town thats why i cant get kitten milk , will the normal milk/feeding him cat food with water work?
Cheese is definitely not good for him. Please stop giving him cheese. I would also at this point stop giving him milk.

At this point (your first post was 9 days ago and you said he was 4 weeks old, so now he is between 5 and 6 weeks old) he can definitely eat solid cat food, and he will if you stop giving him cheese and offer cat food to him. Start with canned, because that is much easier for a tiny kitten, and add in the dry food later, if you want to.
I have had my cat since he was 5 weeks, and he was eating cat food, both canned and dry, when he came to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts