Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a cat that has an extreamly black coat and a very sleek body, some what eygyption-like. I'd also like it to have a some what of a independent personallity, a mysterious one too. Basically I want a cat that you would see if you entered a witch's house. My current choice is the bombay, but i am having trouble finding a breeder. Is there any other breeds that accurately fit the description that I stated above. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Personally I think black oriental shorthairs and black cornish rex are really beautiful. Oriental shorthair would probably suite you better than Cornish Rex when it comes to personality.

Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sounds to me like you are describing a black Oriental Shorthair. These cats have the Siamese personality and long, slinky body, but are available in many colors (including black).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just came across the black short hair oriental right after I posted. I'm almost possitive this is the cat for me. Now the trick is just to find an oriental that's black. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
All right, Maleke! Now I'm going to tell poor little Maleke what you said! No wonder the poor baby is missing the litter box. Of course you know that a black oriental shorthair is like a black Siamese! Poor little Maleke! :cry: Look in those beautiful blue eyes and tell him he's yours forever. (but he might be getting a brother! :) )

·
Registered
821 Posts
That is what I meant! Hahhaha.....he will be getting a brother! Not sure when....probably after I can convince my boyfriend that another cat IS a good idea!!!! I have to give him time to forget about the litter box problems first though! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow, this is scary. I just took that test for compatibility, and it came up with my orange tabby that found me out in the parking lot. Hmm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts