Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching online for a while but I'm wondering if anyone has tried anything that they love and would recommend it. And it has to be nonalcoholic. I'd like a punch that will turn out red in color for Christmas and maybe has a base of pineapple juice, lemonade or something like that.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Well, the easiest nonalcoholic punch from when we were kids is the usual 7up and orange juice punch - fizzy, sweet, little bit citrus-y. If you want beautiful red, how about cranberry juice and pomegranate juice - both have that beautiful red and are both strong-flavored...Pomegranate might stain, though - so you would have to be careful as to where/when it is served. Strawberry would make a pink punch.

You might be able to combine an Italian syrup (they are clear, and naturally flavored - orange or lemon flavored?) with soda or bubbly water for the fizz, and one of the deep red juices mentioned, like cranberry, for the color you are looking for....

:) Fran

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Jo, Fran basically had something similar to the recipe I was going to suggest. However, in addition to what she mentioned, take some cherry sherbert and scoop it into the punch. As the sherbert melts, it imparts a unique flavor. That is a yearly tradition at my camera club's annual Christmas party and it goes quite well.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Oohh i know of a good one, i used to make it every christmas. Its like a mixture between ginger ale (the bright orange kind), pineapple/tropical juice and canned pineapple chucks. Chuck it in a jug with some ice and a few mint leaves and you're good to go. Its a realy good mix of flavours and my favourite part was getting to the fizzy pineapple pieces at the bottom. If you want it more red maybe add some food colouring?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Pineapple juice
Hawaiian Punch
Ginger-ale
Pineapple or Orange Sherbet (scoops float nicely in the punch bowl and eliminate the need for ice)

It's the official post-concert reception punch of the Omicron Psi Chapter (MTSU) of Delta Omicron (Music Fraternity)

(edited for clarity)

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, everyone, for the suggestions and recipes. I completely forgot I even posted this. It's been a busy weekend. Thank goodness I live 2 blocks from a grocery store. I'll probably send Ken over there tonight or tomorrow to get some juices. still haven't decided which one I'm going to go with, though. Decisions, decisions! :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts