Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Due to recent changes in the economy around here I have to try and source cheaper cat food. Petco in NYC sells 5.5oz cans of quality brands (Wellness, Natural Balance, Natures Veriety) for $2.00 per 5.5oz can.

The best deal I could find online was on Amazon: Merrick Turducken Cat Food 5.5 oz (24 Count Case). $26.16 (free shipping). This works out to $1.09 per can.

Do you have any online store recommendation?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nature's Variety Instinct dog and cat formulas are the same, so you can buy the 13.2 oz "dog" cans to save money. The Instinct chicken on Amazon is currently $29.11 "Subscribe and Save" for a 12 pack of 13.2 oz cans (thats $0.18/oz, or equivalent to $0.99 for a 5.5 oz can). Free shipping.

NV Homestyle 12 packs (5.5 oz cans) on Amazon Subscribe and Save are usually $15.29-15.99 (or $1.27-1.33/can).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Also look at Wag.com (free shipping on orders of $49+)

Natural Balance cases (6 oz cans) appear to be $1.33/can and under.
Innova cases (13.2 oz cans) are $1.66/can or $1.24/can if you prefer 5.5 oz cans.
Wellness cases of 12.5 oz cans are $28.49 (or $0.19/oz).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nature's Variety Instinct dog and cat formulas are the same, so you can buy the 13.2 oz "dog" cans to save money.
Thanks - This is key! I wonder why people dont recommend this more often?

The Instinct chicken on Amazon is currently $29.11 "Subscribe and Save" for a 12 pack of 13.2 oz cans (thats $0.18/oz, or equivalent to $0.99 for a 5.5 oz can). Free shipping.
Sold!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I know you were asking about online options, but you might also want to check local independent pet supply stores. My local store gives a 10% discount when you buy 12 or more cans at one time. For instance, with this discount, a 12.5 oz can of Wellness cat comes to $2.09, and a big can of EVO (12 or 13 oz?) is $1.70.

Even with the discount, they can't beat the Amazon pricing on Weruva, but it's sometimes worth looking around to see if your local stores offer similar promotions.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for your help. I ended up going with Weruva. It offers the best value on Amazon.com for a pack of 24.

·
Premium Member
18,382 Posts
Weruva is extremely low calorie compared to most other foods...really nice quality meat swimming in lots of gravy. You may find that you have to feed more of it for your cat to be satisfied.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, "thickness" of certain flavors vary. Mack and Jack is very "THICK" full of chunks of meat. Chicken has more "juice". Either way I'm glad I found a decent food that I can afford. The cases that cost $45+ were starting to hurt my pocket!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts