Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just wondering if anyone would be able to give me some advice about my lovely cat. But maybe will start from the beginning.

In September Loona had come back to the house after spending a night out. She had been sleeping a lot and has not eaten or drunk much. So after a day of her being so lethargic I took her to emergency vet. She stayed in for few days they did a lot of tests but could not find anything. After her temperature dropped down she was discharged.

Unfortunately her temperature spiked up again 2 weeks ago. So I had taken Loona back to GP. After one day of being hospitalized and on antibiotics and anti-inflammatory her temp came down but unfortunately after the fluids were taken off it rapidly came back up again. She had few diagnostic tests done like blood tests, xray and ultrasound. Haematology showed increased granulocytes but biochemistry was within normal limits. FIV/FeLV were both negative and ultrasound and xrays shown no abnormalities. Her Toxoplasma and FIP were normal.

Sorry for such a long email but I am running out of options and insurance. And the vets had not found anything. For now Loona seems to be doing well, eating well and being playful. Her fur is now also shining and she looks like she has never been sick. Yesterday had gone for a check up and the vets had taken more blood for the testing and had send it to Bristol laboratory!

Just wondering if anyone had similar problems... if her fever comes back again vets will need to do a biopsy of every organ but I hope it will not happen.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Oh my, sorry to hear! Hope they figure this out soon and that Loona can get treated for what's really ailing her. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I can't give you any advice, other than to say I do know some fevers can be idiopathic, meaning they have no known cause. I can only hope her fever doesn't return and she remains healthy going forward.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts