Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Justin just pooped and I noticed it looked a bit runny. Not diarrhea, just more loose than it should be. Should I be really worried? I have been trying them on a new wet food, so I feel like this may be the culprit.
He looks fine in every other way.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Maybe try to take him off the new wet food for a day or two and see what the stools look like. This way you will be able to tell for certain if that is the cause

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Ioana's suggestion seems to be the one to do. Take your kitty off of that brand wet food and see if that does the job. Sometimes cats are very sensitive to certain foods, and I think Sugar's stools are always a bit more looser than Twinkie's and they always eat the same foods. Weird... Anways Good Luck :lol:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I took him off the wet food and a couple stools after that seemed okay, but he had some diarrhea last night. To top it off, I cleaned the carpet with some of that foam cleaner stuff because a little of his poop had gotten on the floor. I left for two minutes, came back and saw Justin had licked the foam up. :shock:
There was no info on the can as to ingredients or poison control. I called the vet who told me that there was no poison in it, but that his stomach might be upset and he might get diarrhea. So I had to give him a tiny bit of kaopectate, which I may or may not have actually gotten into his mouth. I think he got some at least, that he licked off his fur.
Now I have to leave him for a day to go to my brother's for Christmas. I can't bring him and Stormy with me (they are at my parent's house right now). So I'm trusting the vet that he will be okay and nothing bad will happen to him. I've watched him for several hours and he seems perfectly okay, playful, happy, etc.
When I get back I'll have to address the diarrhea problem because I think it may be something other than just the wet food.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just wanted to let everyone know that Justin is doing fine. My brother scooped the litterbox before me, so I don't know how the poop thing is going (other than that he said he didn't see any diarrhea from what he could tell), but Justin is running around right now and doing fine. He and Stormy have been enjoying their Christmas today. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts