Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's medieval faire time again! Och,these affairs maketh my Summer! Forsooth,I love the jousting,juggling,mud shows,music,and food! (advisory,wait till evening to have a turkey leg,they need time to cook) It's like going back in time,and at some fests,you can even bring your pets! There's just SO MUCH-glass blowing,falconry,craftsmen...HUMAN CHESS! Any faire-goers?

·
Banned
804 Posts
if you get involved with the SCA (Society of Creative Anachronism) there are events every month or so, year long. sometimes even more frequently. with various activities that happen during every week (Like arts and sciences nights, Rapier or Archery) its alot of fun...a good hobby to have to pass the time

·
Registered
539 Posts
I love the faire! In GA they only come once a year now, and I went this year and had a blast! I didn't dress up this time but I plan on making my own pirate/wench/tomboy costume! I wanna be a pirate but not a captain jack that I see and I don't wanna be a typical wench. I have an idea in my head so my seamstress friend and I are gonna make the costume. As for turkey legs, my my my, they are wonderful! I can spend two-three full weekends at the faire just watching the people! Have fun at yours!

·
Super Moderator
18,396 Posts
I've been to King Richard's Faire in Carver (I think, maybe Plymouth), MA. It's a lot of fun, but I hate the way they manage the food. You have to buy tickets up front and if you don't use them all, you're stuck with them, unless you know someone who's going after you to sell them to. And they never seem to have enough...one year I stood on 4 or 5 different lines and had them shut the line down a person or two before it was my turn saying it was going to be a half hour before they had more. It was ridiculous. I haven't been back since then.

I do love the mud show though. Maybe it's time to check it out again, it's been years, maybe they've improved things....

·
Registered
374 Posts
Here in SE Michigan, it's the Renaissance Festival and I haven't missed it in almost ten years! Funny, I have my Ren Fest t-shirt from 2000 on today!

·
Registered
575 Posts
I love them! I missed this years though :(
Our fair has different "country sections" and one year we got free food from the Scottish section because we were walking around with a pack of 5 border collies.
The fairs are so much fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts