Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I have a 10 year old Spayed short hair, she has been the best cat we've ever had except for 1 problem she licks anything she can put her tongue on. Over the past year she has licked the hair off insides of both hind legs her primordial pouch, now she's working on her front legs. She has been to a couple different Vet's the told me to change her food I've tried but she refuses to eat, I did dry, dry wet, can, half can half dry but she won't eat. The only other things the Vet said check for flea's couldn't find any and she has never been out of the house. Also said could do allergy test but it's quite expensive and might not show anything. does anyone have any suggestions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Obsessive licking is normally an anxiety thing if her blood panels all came up normal. If she hasn't had regular senior blood panels, I'd get her one. I use Zylkene for my anxious cats, but my mom went the steroid shot route for hers. If it's allergies, a small dose of Benadryl should help some.
Zylkene is a milk-derived powder you sprinkle over the food or mix into wet food. I use large dog dosing for my 13 and 18lb cats because it helps them better when people come over and they can't overdose on it. I get it off Amazon.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
26,388 Posts
My Cleo goes through periods of overgrooming. No known reason, vet couldn't figure it out, either. She has licked parts of herself bald before. I bought this from Amazon. Not only did it work, it smells wonderful.

Lively Pets Derma-Soothe Maximum Strength Pramoxine HCL 1% Anesthetic and Medicated Anti Itch Spray - Dogs and Cats with Dry Skin - Hot Spots for Pets - Moisturizing Oatmeal; Fresh Green Apple Scent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts