Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a few weeks ago about my missing four-year-old cat. He's home now! Someone saw a poster I'd made and put it a nearby pet store and she realized that my cat, CC, was hanging around her neighbourhood. Of course, I've brought him home and am keeping him separate from the other animals for now. I'd like to take him to the vet and have him checked for any problems that he may have picked up as he has been gone for quite a while.

Before he left, he had started spraying frequently in the house, as well. I now have a plug-in which may help with that, but I realize that it won't completely solve the problem. I'm hoping to keep him isolated for a while so that he can feel safe and introduce him to the rest of the animals gradually. I don't want to stress him out as much as he was before he ran away. At the same time, I also don't want him to feel too cooped up.

After CC left, my partner and I talked about giving him to a home where he could feel more secure, which had less animals in it. I'm not sure if we'll still do that. It's hard for me to part with him again after being separated for so long. :/

Now that he's been home for a little while, CC's been eating and being very vocal. He seems to have lost a substantial amount of weight. He's meowing at me but I'm not sure what he wants.

I'm really hoping for any advice anyone can throw at me here. I'm just so happy to know that he's safe and sound for now, though.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Or that he's hungry. If he's lost a substantial amount of weight, I would give him four small meals a days, of good quality no-grain canned food, or if he's stuck on dry food Evo Innova which is high in protein and fat to get some weight back on him. Happy you found him, and I hope he's happy to be home.

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
:yellbounce:yellbounce:yellbounce:yellbounce Happy, happy, happy that CC is home. I bet he has a lot to tell you about his adventures while he was gone!

Is CC neutered? If he is not that might be the reason for the spraying and also the reason for him slipping out of the house.

Also, I wasn't sure if you had taken him to the vet, or not, but I would think that it is a good idea.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, he's been neutered, and I've been leaving Nature's Variety raw food out as much as possible. He's been eating when he can. The first time he ate when he came home, I think he ate so much that he seemed to have trouble breathing. I'm not sure if this is something to worry about, but I will mention it as soon as I can get him to the vet. Hopefully we will be going tomorrow.

It sounds to me like his meowing is sad. I think he doesn't like being isolated in a room, even if I'm there with him. I set him up in the guest room and slept there last night and he still cry-meowed most of the night. I just freshened up his food and he quieted down for a minute, but now he is doing it again. I'm happy to have him home, but I'm not sure how happy he is to be here. :/ Thank you for all the advice, and I appreciate any more that you might have!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts