Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined this forum because I am just devestated that my cat went missing since Friday. "Snookie" is only 1 1/2 years old. I have another cat "Max." I let them outside in the morning for playtime and they usually come back within a few hours. I am kind of rural...I live on a farm in the woods, but there are actually several houses on my street and a development closeby....but lots and lots of wooded area too. There are a lot of stray cats around. I got kind of worried by the afternoon...Max had been back for hours without her. It was a cold windy day, but she never really seemed to mind the weather unless it was pouring rain.
We have searched and searched. It's so odd that she disappeared in the daytime. I really don't think something killed her. I searched the woods, along the roads, throughout the development. I put up flyers and even put some in mailboxes (I know im not supposed to do that but I am desperate here) telling people to keep an eye out and check their sheds and garages.
I tried leaving some food out for her but found a stray eating it so I brought it in. I just cannot understand what happened to her. She always came back in a few hours.
Today is day 5. I am just sick over this. I just wish I knew if she was coming back or if God forbid something bad happened to her. I don't know how to get through this and I feel bad that I'm so upset over a cat. I am more upset than my kids and they are pretty upset! Just hoped to hear some stories like mine with happy endings or some suggestions on how to get through this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Do lost cats really come back?

I am starting to lose hope that Snookie will come back. She's been missing since last Friday. She disappeared during the day. I just cannot imagine what happened to her...she was used to being outdoors a few hours a day. I really, really want her to come back home....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't worry she will come back! I went through the same situation with my first cat. The first time she took a week to come home we were worried, but she came back no problem and took these "vacations" a couple times a year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts