Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cat was let out at 5:00 pm last evening and hasnt returned, its now 7:30 am she was out all night luckily its warm out. Shes never been out this long and im worried a predator (coyotes, eagle) ate her but weve never had a problem before. How long should i wait before i post lost cat posters around.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
gotta bump this no ones replying and its gettin pushed down far. Anyway i tried putting food out (ill try anything) its been awile now. We have woods in our backyard but we let the cats out alot in warm weather and they always come back. I think this is the longest time harley has been out. When should i start putting signs up , 1 day,2,3 a wk im guessin 2 or 3 but i want some input.

·
Registered
917 Posts
well, i think maybe put out some food, and keep a sharp eye out. maybe she just found a friend that she's hanging out with. i'm sure she'll come back. is she wearing a collar or anything?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I'm sorry, lost_cat. I don't have any advice, or really anything to add, that wouldn't be upsetting.

So I'll just say that I hope your Harley is all right and that she comes home soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i let her out without a collar sometimes because she usually just sticks near the house and sniffs the flowers and eats the grass.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Just keep thinking positive. Others have posted concerns when a cat was missing but then came back after a while. I hope she is fixed.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Put used cat litter in the garden!!

My aunt and uncle's cat was lost for 3 weeks, and as soon as they did that, she came right back!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh yeah we just found harley alright today across the street. Now i can change my name from lost cat to found cat. She was terrified in a bush and it was pouring rain. We think she may have been stuck in a garage for awile but she was actually close by when we found her just disoriented.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Here is a detailed, step by step procedure for getting your cat back:

http://www.petrescue.com/library/find-pet.htm

Put a sweaty piece of your clothing and some really smelly cat food on the porch or near the house. Also, sit outside very late at night, when it's peaceful, and call her name. Sometimes they are just frightened, and are very near the house. That link will give you some very good ideas. Good luck. Please let us know how you are progressing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts