Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to the forums and have read a lot of information found here! I was hoping someone could help get me started by answering a question I have about some behavior my new cat is doing.

He had a block urinary tract a couple weeks ago and rather than feed him Hills C/D, we have been feeding Wellness grain free canned and Before Grain Chicken. He has been fine and has been urinating normal amounts and is an all around very playful cat.

All of a sudden today, he has been acting weird. We had a thunderstorm this morning which scared him pretty bad. He was cowering in the corner of the kitchen for a while and then spent the entire day under the bed. I fed him under the bed and he ate the food right up. He let's me pet him and purrs. I used some catnip to get him to come out and play. He played and walked around for a good 30+ minutes but when he grew tired he went back under to sleep.

Is this just stress related or the beginning of illness like another urinary tract problem? He has not done any symptoms such as frequent litter box trips trying to urinate, howling when urinating, etc. He is just very quiet after this morning. I don't know if I am being over sensitive or he might really have an issue. We already use Feliway diffusers to help keep him relaxed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just wanted to add that he used the litterbox normally last night and this morning. He still hides when he sleeps and only realy comes out when I talk to him. More storms tonight so this should be interesting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He seems fine now. I think he just likes sleeping in places like that. He comes out on his own and plays, eats, and uses the litter box. I think I was just being too sensitive due to his previous issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts