Cat Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Love2Pet brush

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  spirite 
#1 ·
At the county fair a booth was selling a fur brush called Love2Pet and they were talking up the accolades. My cats didn't seem to like a wire brush and I am using an all rubber brush right now but not thrilled with it. Amazon only has 41 reviews but basically all good. Anyone used this brush?

#4 ·
Have you tried a brush with plastic bristles? Several people here said their cats who didn't tolerate the usual brushes for cats did tolerate human brushes.

Margaux hated all brushes - I'd sometimes try to get a swipe in as she was walking, and she'd do that incredible cat yoga move whereby they get completely flat to the ground and slink out from under you. However, she didn't mind being "brushed" with a slightly damp paper towel, or even just with my damp hands. I could run wet (not dripping) fingers along her back and lift off quite a bit off loose fur.

It's obviously not nearly as effective as a real brushing, but it was better than nothing. :)

#6 ·
Oh yes, rubber gloves - any kind of rubber - work great. I always forget about them, and they're much more effective on upholstery than lint rollers.

I'm convinced that the reason Celia doesn't ever get hairballs is that she loves being brushed, for a long time, every day. Margaux got them occasionally, not terribly often, but still, my rugs would have been much happier if she had let me brush her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.