Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thank you so much for that list!!!! I have been wondering about how I can possibly find these places!! It's very helpful :D

I love that picture! it would make a hilarious desktop :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
huh....it's $45 to get my cat neutered here locally. would cost more for me to travel to one of the places listed in washington than it would to just get it done here

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
OHIO - AKRON AREA. The Citizens for Humane Animal Practices (CHAP) will be sponsoring 8 low cost spay/neuter clinics in Akron this year. Male cats are $35; female cats are $45. It will be a mobile clinic held at the NEFCO Building in downtown Akron. For more information or to sign up, contact Cathy at [email protected]. Clinic dates will be Sat. May 21, Sat. June 4, Fri. July 1, Sat. Aug. 6, Sat. Sept. 3, Sat. Oct. 8, Sat. Nov. 5 and Sat. Dec. 3. Please contact Cathy as well if you are located in the Akron area & can post a flyer in your workplace, etc.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
This could actually be put in this sticky, or in the no-kill shelter one, or maybe I'm just in the wrong place entirely :lol:

The Bowling Green/Warren County Humane society shelter in Bowling Green, Kentucky, has finally managed to open it's "No-kill Adoption Center" Which is the first bit of good news. The next is, the vet that did all of the medical work for the Humane Society in Bowling Green has retired...and now works full time at the shelter as a licensed volunteer vet. They have started a low cost spay-neuter program (very low) and a host of other medical services for low and lower middle class pet owners.

This listing is directly from their websight.
On-Site Spay/Neuter Clinic At BG/WC Humane Society
Dogs- $39.......Cats- $29
$6 rabies vaccination (mandatory if pet is not current)
$10 dhlpp & fvrcp vaccinations (yearly dog & cat booster vaccinations)
$15 for heartworm testing & felv/fiv testing
$5-$15 for deworming
Call 270-842-8572 or 270-783-9404 for details!
They also sell pet foods donated by the Hill's Pet Foods plant in Bowling Green, toys and furniture made by volunteers....all proceeds going to support the no-kill facility. I toured it today, it is so awesome, but I STILL wanted to bring everyone home.

They have a truly excellent websight here http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/KY18.html but if you visit it, I warn you.....the little video at the bottom of the page is wonderful, but it has a couple of heartbreaking images in it. Mean people just....you know!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Crap, there's no low cost spay/neuter programs around where I live, the nearest would probably be Lawton

Oklahoma sucks! >.< I'm not driving all the way to OKC for my pets, not with these gas prices!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yay! I finally got that link to work and I found two low cost facilities in Central New York! I'm so happy! I printed out both places and headed right outside to tell Steve. He seemed genuinely interested, he even agreed to screening any potential adopters when I suggested it!

If all goes well, Angel will be spayed and off to a new home!

Yay!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts