Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lucy {b. April 1995 - d. November 2008}

I adopted Lucy a couple weeks after I got my first apartment, my first time living on my own. She was 4 years old, declawed by her previous owners, and responded to her name or a whistle much like a dog would. She was fearless around canines, even best buds with one for a few years in her later years. Of all the toys provided her, only one ever held her attention for any length of time - a felt leopard print mouse that had to have it's ears and tail sewn on more than a few times - for ten years her favorite. She had a thing for shoes and feet. With the exception of water from a can of tuna, she had no real interest in what we ate. She spent her days napping and watching birds at the bird feeder.

She made us laugh and when she got sick with kidney disease that got worse and worse, she made us cry. I had ten wonderful years with her. My husband only lived with her for her last one, but he loved her as much as anyone could.

These are two of my favorite photos of her. We have the one of her laying down blown up and framed on her wall. <3

Attachments

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
She sounds lovely...such pretty colors. You two seem to have had a lot of good times together. It's great to have memories you can treasure.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all so much for your very kind replies. It is really great to find a place like this where everyone understands and shares the same kind of love and appreciation for our little four legged furry friends.

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
I think Calicos are the beauty queen of cats. They always have lovely personalities. Im so sorry for the loss of your good friend and companion. She sounded like such a special kitty. Run free sweet girl. She will meet you on the other side one day. Hugs (())

1 - 9 of 9 Posts