Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a working project................
First I gave him a haircut, it took 2 days and lots of assistance.
We left him with a true 'lion-cut' right down to the tip of his tail.
Then we brushed all the knots out of his mane...

then we applied aqua food coloring to his mane with an old mascara brush....

next stage will be more vivid blue streaks added to the mane....

we are debating if we should paint matching spots or stripes on his body....

BTW, he ALWAYS looks grumpy, even if he purrs. And he LOVES his new haircut, he begs to be petted and stroked, something he never enjoyed with his full coat ( which was disgusting, knots, lots of dandruff etc....)

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Cool haircut!

How do you take out mats that a comb won't even go through? I have this problem with Twinkie and I can't even get a pair of scissors through it. I can't shave him b/c he will freak when he hears the noise..... <<))

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hello Kitkat - I know what you mean about the clipper noise. Ludo acts like he is having a heartattack !
The knots that are really bad have to be cut very carefully, but some knots can be combed out or more acurately, , ripped out....
it will leave a bald spot, but it will grow back.
lets see if I can describe this well enough for you to understand:

If you have hold of a comb, normally you would comb the cat by holding the comb in a horizontal fashion, right ?

with the big knots, hold the comb in a VERTICAL position, placing the first few teeth of the comb in the middle on the knot and pull through. Effectively you are ripping the knot in half, keep doing this and it will break up the knot completely, then you can comb horizontally again.....

hope that made sense....

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Got it! Thanks for the tip, I know Twinkie has alot of mats under his armpits too hehe, I dont think he likes me touching his pits though....but we'll see. (((=

1 - 7 of 7 Posts