Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I have five cats. Two older kitties and three under two years. (also a dog) I noticed yesterday morning that my second oldest cat Boo Boo's left eye was looking bad. It was closed up a bit. I tried to get him and look at it but he is hard to get at as he is feral. The only time of day I have a chance of catching him is in the morning when they get their morning treats then if you go towards him off he goes into some crazy hiding spot. I was sort of hoping that maybe it is just scratched from playing or something. Then this morning at morning treat time I noticed a lump under the eye as well. Again I tried to catch him and off he goes (I feel bad for the guy two days in a row I have messed up his morning treats) . I immediately made an appointment for the vet. Earliest I can get in is tomorrow morning (hope I can catch him). Has any one ever experienced this sort of thing in their cats? The first thing that came into my mind was cancer. This kitty is my favorite. He is the sweetest thing. He is about 11 years old.

Thanks every one for reading this. Here is one of the few pics of him that I have. He is the big gray one.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Well, that's a handsome feral, Boo Boo he is :D Lump under the eye can result from many things..try hard to get him to the vet, I hope he'll recover soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks you guys.....I have a vet coming over in the morning that does house calls. I didn't want to freak him out with a vet visit. I hope it is just an infection or something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts