Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When screech was a kitten I think from a bit of rough fighting with her kittens I noticed she had a small wound. I took her to the vet and got something for it.

well I was smoothing her down today, she is 11months old now and I noticed where she had this wound its perfectly healed up, fur no marks nothing. But there is a lump underneath. It moves really easy and isnt very big, about the size of a pea, I was thinking it may be a cyst any ideas? she is very happy inherself, still exceedingly playing, doesnt care if you touch her there in the slightest and it doesnt seem to bother her.

·
Registered
54 Posts
This might sound funny but I got something like that on the back of my right leg. It was about the size of a marble and I had surgery to remove it. It turned out to be a cyst that formed after I had an injury. It didn't really affect me it was just bothering me. Also, make sure that there is not a parasite that got into the wound.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
If it gets larger or sensitive, I'd take her to the vet. Or the next time she has a visit, show it to the vet--whichever comes first. My guess is that it's a cyst also.

I guess we all know that feline leukemia and cancer can also cause lumps, so if you're worried, take her now. It's worth the money to ease your mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts