Cat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tried depo medrol for cats with lymphoma? If so, what was the reaction. How long did it take to know if it was working? Any side effects?
here’s my story: last Wednesday my cat started acting lethargic. Thursday I noticed she was hiding, not eating, things just weren’t right. It progressed into Friday. I took her to the vet Saturday and she had a fever and eye discharge so they diagnosed her with a URI even though she didn’t have sneezing, coughing, runny nose. They gave her cerenia, fluids, and convenia. We got home and she had energy and ate some. This lasted 1 hour. Then she slept for literally 24 hours. I had to force her to move. On Monday the fever broke and she started drinking water again. She still wasn’t eating and she was still lethargic so I took her to the vet again. They found a mass on her and suggested I get diagnostic testing and said we can give her prednesone to try. I took her to the er. They found lymphoma and suggested I put her to sleep immediately. However I disagreed. She still has some spunk in her, she’s still cuddly, she doesn’t seem like she’s in pain. She’s just tired and not eating much. They gave her anti inflammatory shot and pain killers and fluids.we went home and grace ate and had energy. She made it through the night. In the morning we went to a third vet and they said they are very optimistic with the steroid shot to try as treatment. So we did that. Grace has still been very lethargic. She’s eating more but still not a lot. I’m just wondering If anyone else experience something with lymphoma

1 - 1 of 1 Posts