Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have been trying to find sources to start Banjo on raw, and today i went to the pennsylvania dutch market that is about 30 minutes from me. I remembered they had a pretty big selection of raw meats. well they had chicken livers, hearts, and gizzards for $1.49/lb as well as reasonably priced chicken breasts, wings, and turkey parts as well. I didn't think to ask while I was there, but I bet they can get me necks, and I am wondering if they may even be able to tell me where to get some rabbit. I loaded up on meat for myself and Banjo, gave him a heart and a liver to try and he ate it right up!! No issues. I realize I am very lucky that he is so willing, seems like he will eat anything I give him :)

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
You are lucky. I had an Amish market in town when I lived in NJ and they were VERY obliging. I talked to the butcher and told him what I wanted and he made it happen. I would just have to stop by once a week and pick up the meat. He was even willing to save me organs/bones from other animals and he was happy to grind my rabbit for me.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I too live near an Amish market (Annapolis). I stopped by there the other day, just looking, and saw what I believe was rabbit, but wasn't identified. Ritz loves loves loves Rabbit, so next time I should ask how much it costs. In the the international supermarkets near me, it is around $4 a pound, frozen. Amish farmers have an excellent reputation for treating their animals humanely, too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.