Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my cat Magnolia (I married into her family :> My wife got her before we started dating)

I've never been too much of a cat guy, but she's a beautiful, adorable, and quite frankly crazy and goofy cat.

Can anyone give me any guidance as to what breed (or mix of breeds) she is?

Thanks a lot!

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
Wow, what beautiful colors and stripes! I think she's a DSHD.

(Domestic ShortHaired Diva)

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
DSH Blue/Cream Mackeral Torbie and White, is my vote!

She's a tortoiseshell, carrying both black and orange. She's dilute in color (homozygous dense) diluting her black and orange base-coats to blue and cream. She carries agouti, which makes her Mackeral pattern tabby stripes show up in her blue base-coat.
Tortoieseshell + Tabby = Torbie
She also has minimal White Spotting, it looks like in the "tuxedo" type pattern, so you could throw that descriptive in, too.

Calico is a descriptive for cats with black, orange and white markings, and it is the same for the dilute blue/cream/white, too.

Calico is generally used when cats have specific areas of black and orange with little mingling and white markings.
Tortoiseshell is generally used when the black and orange do mingle and the cat has no white markings, and Tortie and White describes a mingled black/orange w/ white markings.
IMO, both descriptives can be interchangeable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts