Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm rounding out my kitty family tomorrow! This woman has to give away her cats since she can no longer care for them so I said I'd take one. She says that he is a Maine **** but is he one or a DLH? Either way he's beautiful and I'm so happy to get a long haired beauty!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn't he handsome!?! :D

Just out of curiousity...how were you able to tell the difference? I've poured over pictures of the two and can't tell :(

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Often people with larger fluffy cats call them Maine *****... I'm not sure if it's due to wanting to them sound special, or if the people actually think all large fluffy cats are Maine *****... either way, without papers the default answer is always going to be that it's really just a Domestic (meaning unknown genetic history) Long Hair... most cats are. Something like 95% or more of cats are from an unknown background, even if they appear to look Siamese, for example, they're just a "colorpoint" - a coloring found on more than just Siamese...

He looks a lot like my kitty! Except mine is 6 pounds. :p

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
He may or may not have some MCC in him but without papers there is no way to tell for sure. So, he would be a DLH.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts