Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How does one go about making a toy more interesting? I have a remote control mouse that my newly adopted cat LOVED yesterday (She even grabbed it and ran off with it in her mouth.. leaving me in a fit of laughter!) but now she thinks it's the lamest thing ever made. She doesn't seem that affected by cat nip either, but she does get semi-attracted by it.

Video proof!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I think most people like to rotate their toys. My cats have their favorite toys that they play with almost every day, but the others I bring out only once every month or so to keep them exciting. The once I keep put away are the interactive ones that they wouldn't be able to do by themselves anyway: fish/mice on a pole toys, long string toys, remote controlled mouse, laser pointer, laser pointer collar, feathery toys, catnip, etc.

How old is your cat? Kittens often aren't affected by catnip, but a large percentage of adult cats aren't either.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
You're cat is a sweetie! I agree with swimkris. I rotate my toys, so my girls get a new "batch" every few weeks, which they haven't seen for at least a month. When I bring the new batch out, they think they're getting new toys. About the only toys that I use all the time, and they never tire of, are Da Bird and their little toy mice.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I just had one cat, I would try rotating every two weeks or so (he's 4 years old). The cat in the video is a female and 1 year 7 months old, but she's pretty laid back so I'm guessing that's why. Maybe I'll try monthly rotations.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Sometimes the simplest toys are the best----a cardboard box, cut some holes in sides to poke a paw thro, a pingpong ball (in a bathtub), foil/paper balls, paper bag, twisted wires (my boy prefers pieces of electrical wire to mousies).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts