Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had Ophelia with us since Friday.

Malcolm is being so great with her! I am soooo impressed.

We kept them in separate rooms and let them smell each other, and let Malcolm smell all of her stuff. Hubby is a suck and let her out when she was crying and crying in the other room. So they have time together and time apart.

They have sniffed noses and Malcolm is really calm and watches her playing then gets in closer to say a hello. They hiss at each other a bit.
They are at the point where Malcolm goes into the room she is in and just hangs out and watches her.

We are both impressed that they have been doing so well!!

I definitely think it would be differetn if we had rescued a second adult cat and not a kitten. Even though that is what I wanted to do I think Malcolm will have an easier time adjusting to Ophelia being teeny tiny!

·
Registered
697 Posts
I am so glad it's going well for you and your fur babies. I've finally talked Pete into us getting another cat and my friend has just adopted a pregnant stray so fingers crossed, in several weeks time I'll bring a new addition home :D I was always worried Cleveland wouldn't accept another cat because he is so attention seeking but in the vets the other day he was so sweet with two kittens that came in, I had renewed hope so fingers crossed it all works out.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to say that when I was trimming Oph's nails a little bit she wasn't being too thrilled about it and Malcolm came over and hissed at me!!!

And when she is crying to come out of the bedroom he goes over there, like he wants her to come out!!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Aw :) I think your babies are going to get on very well.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They started playing together today!!!! It is super cute!!

Ophelia sleeps in our bathroom at night as she gets super bouncy, jumping around the room at night. It isn't so bad if we tucker her out...but she still wakes us up a lot!!

Our condo is on the third floor and we don't have a screen door. So for half the day I let her play in the bedroom, while Malcolm is with me in the rest of the place. This way we don't cook!!! It gets pretty hot in here even with the fan going. The other half of the day I shut the door and out she comes!!!.

So half her morning and half her afternoon she is out with Malcolm. Then from about 4:30 till 10 she is out with us.

I was wondering how Malcolm would do sharing his things, but he has no problem! They are nicely sharing the water fountain and the (huge) litter box.

Malcom is on a diet and I was worried he would try to steal her food so I feed her in another room, but he has been there and smelled her food, then he went and ate his!

I swear she has grown since friday! Next time my frined is over with the digital camera i will see if I can getsome pics of them together!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ophelia has been with us for one week now :p

She and Malcolm were both sleeping on our bed the other day, only about a foot apart. It was very cute to see. Malcolm was playing with her tonight! It is really nice to see Malcolm being more active. He plays with me a lot more too.

Tonight they were rubbing noses and Ophelia was playing with Malcolm's front paws. He was laying beside a little wicker table, and she was curled up on the bottom shelf, batting at him.

Malcolm is afraid of the bath tub when someone is in the tub. He comes in because the litter box is in the bathroom, but he doesn't stay. Ophelia on the other hand has to climb up on the edge of the tub and then come and walk on you as you are in there. Tonight she came and snuggled up under my chin. I am trying not to encourage her to do that.....but I ler her because it was so cute :oops: bad me.

If she is meowing a lot Malcolm always goes over to her to see what is up.

Sometimes when she is being overly energetic he gets a bit scared of her. Their favourite thing to do together is play with the laser pointer!!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Is it me or did everyone else get one of those warm fuzzy feelings :D If my new kitten (when she comes) gets on as well as your two I'ss be so happy.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Isn't it such a relief when you see them getting along? I was a wreck for a while wondering how it would work out with Baxter. :)

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
It sounds like they're on the same track as Punky and Elly -- much like the bond you've probably seen develop between Teagan and Tierney.

Within one week my cats really got along well. This pic was taken only a few days after we adopted Elly.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I got lucky. I feel like I hit the lottery, twice. (But don't we all feel that way?) :wink:

Elly sure was cute... what happened to her? :p :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts