Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My male cat has dissapeared during the day. He is about 5 months old and is not like him to be gone at all. Could he be "cating around" and maybe come back in a few days. Does anyone know how long they could be gone. I have checked with the neighbors and the pound but no cat.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
A tom should be neutered by six months. However, it's possible that your cat matured early. You've taken a few steps, but the longer he's gone, the more likely it is that you won't get him back. Take the suggested steps in the link riotgirl gave you. I hope you have some pictures you can enlarge and post. I wish you the best of luck, but I highly recommend that you neuter your cat and keep him in- for safety's sake. Let us know how things work out, please.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I've had a couple cats come back after a week, this was when I was younger and my parents let the cats out.

If he comes back, would you consider keeping him indoors only? Or leash training him to walk with you outdoors?
It's all much safer, and you won't have to worry about times like this.

You can get him neutered now if he's in good health, I've never waited 6 months, most of my males mature around 5 months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts