Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My male cat is around 10 months old. He was always an attention seeker ever since he was a few weeks old kitten. But things are getting unbearable now that he cries as if some one is killing him every night and every day.

Could it be because he reached his mating season?

please help!

P.S. i am attach a photo of my brother and sister kitties. 馃グ

Attachments

Registered
If he has been neutered, I would guess it is attention seeking behavior. I had this problem with one of my male cats. To my surprise, he usually responds (by stopping crying) to a firm "NO" command (delivered in a loud voice without looking at him). Of course, the more you reward the crying with attention, the more he'll tend to do it.

Another strategy that works for me is locking the cat and his brother together in their home/safe room. This is the room to which they were confined when I first got them as young kittens and is a cat-friendly environment containing food, water, and litter box. If one of my cats starts crying while in their safe room, I will wait until they stop before I open the door to let them out (to avoid reinforcing the crying behavior).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your reply! 馃槉
my cat not neutered yet. Maybe that is the reason鈥 馃

but yes locking him up in cat friendly room seems to have worked this night. He actually stopped crying for some short time鈥

1 - 4 of 4 Posts