Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 7 cats. 2 older cats and 5 kittens, they were born in May. Recently all of the kittens have been meowing alot more then usual and 2 of the male kittens are in a "mounting" phase but tonight I've noticed one of the males is really bugging one of the females, like chasing, mounting, biting neck, now he's starting to do it to the males as well, and he's meowing/chirping (i call that short meow a chirp i lol) alot. Is it just a dominance thing or is my female kitten in heat? And could this behavior be stopped some how? Help me please!

·
Super Moderator
26,625 Posts
It can be stopped by getting all 5 kittens fixed. And the older cats, if they're not already. Your female kittens are old enough to get pregnant, and it could be life-threatening at their young age. You were given this advice two months ago by another member here.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
It's past time for neutering/spaying. Gonna cost a bunch with 5 kittens. Maybe time payments will be available.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I know I was given that advice I was wondering if there is anything I could do til I get that done? And what causes that behavior? im set up with a non-profit organization.

·
Super Moderator
26,625 Posts
Keep the males separated from the females.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts