Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a male cat that thinks it is a Mommy? We have a one year Bengal, who is the father to a now three month old Bengal/Jap Bobtail. From day one (six weeks) he has cleaned him and licked his tummy and rear. He also reacts when "baby" is upset, and is watchful when baby is playing with other cats. Baby of course reciprocates by attempting to chew Daddy/Mommies ears off. This relationship really freaks the Vet and staff out. So any good male mommy stories or thoughts on this behavior?

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
When I first got Lucas at 8 weeks old, my big shaggy boy cat, Levi befriended him whereas Cleo (the female) just chased him around the house. So for the first few weeks when Lucas would snuggle up to Levi, he would snuffle at Levi's belly and try and nurse. And Levi let him! It sure was funny, they are sooo cute when they are that little.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I know that Moby acts parental to me offen, and he's male.

I could be more a kittens nuturing each other thing though.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yes, my parents had a male cat (un-neutered even!) who mothered entire litters of kittens. So it must happen sometimes.

·
Registered
756 Posts
One of my cats, Bennet, is a male mommy. We had him since he was only 5 days old and he is the most trusting cat I've ever known. I foster cats all the time and every bunch of kittens I bring home, Ben is there mothering them. Grooming, playing, watching out for them, calling them. It's very cute, but strange. I guess it does happen from time to time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts