• Female

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!

I posted a few days ago about getting a new (unexpected) kitten and my dad 'hating' it. I've confirmed that he doesn't really hate them, I think he's just not used to them and so he is nervous around them, they make him a bit uncomfortable and he's probably just scared. So that isn't that bad I guess ;) We will work hard for him to be a very well behaved cat, though.

Well turns out, the girl that gave it to my sister said she was a female. But when we got to the vet on Monday, first thing he tells us is it's a male cat! We were a bit dissapointed 'cause we wanted a girl, just 'cause we'd heard they were better behaved, calmer and stayed at home more. Also a little bit p&*%)%# with that girl! how ignorant of her, she's supposed to be training to be a vet or something.

But some people have told us that males are actually better. We are gonna get him neutered when he's 6 months old. But what is your experience on having male and female cats? We live in a house with lots of exits, so we will let him outside when he's old enough.

Other than that, it's been such a joy having this kitten! He's gotten more used to us and he's totally sweet. We're all so glad we have him, hopefully it'll be a great experience :D

Here's a bad quality pic of him, it's all I have since it's taken with the webcam :? Here's Taby:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Awww he's adorable!

Yeah my husband doesn't too much like cats, he thinks they think they are too good for everyone, and he gets jealous when I pay the cats attention and not him, lol... It's rather funny...

But since I love em, he has to love em! ;)

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Taby's really cute! It's often difficult to tell a male from a female when they're young. So, please don't be upset about that.

Please keep your kitty indoors. The average indoor/outdoor cat lives only three years, give or take, but the inside can often lives to be 18 or older! It's a mixture of cars, fights, dogs and other animals, and infections that kill them.

I think male Tabby cats are, in my experience, very sweet! :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I like both equally. Right now I have two girls. I grew up with a boy cat and he was great too. I don't think the sex matters. Your comment about letting the kitty outside...please reconsider this, and making him indoors only. His life will be longer and less dangerous.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts