Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody :)
i'm new to this forum but not new to the problem i'm dealing with.
due to personal sensitivity to noises, i have moved many times.
on the last 6 yrs I have my very loved cats: Codi and Nana, 6 and 5 yrs old.
we have moved together 9 places.
i keep torturing myself that i'm causing them trauma and i feel SO guilty.
on the last year it got to a new peak: after a break up we moved 3 times in a half year,
while i was very confused and stormy.
Except for that matter, they get the best food,snacks, indulgences and lots of attention.
actually, they don't show any stress signs but i can feel them and i know they feel me:
when i'm stressed, they're stressed too... when i'm calm, i see they are calmer.

In the next six months we're expecting another change, i'm about to buy a house and i hope that now it's for at least until the'll be old...

i'm very emotionally attached to them, they're like my own kids :)
have you ever experienced such thing?
how can i calm my guilty feelings?

·
Super Moderator
27,039 Posts
I've also moved many times and my cats adapt pretty easily. Why? BOXES!!!!! And they love exploring new places. The only stressors with them are the car rides.

If your cats sense your feelings like mine do, this last move should be better than most for them. I mean, you're buying your own home (yay!!!!). Why would you feel guilty? You're taking your cats with you, not dumping them like some people do when they move. Sounds like they have a pretty wonderful life with you, have THAT feeling instead of stress. Embrace and celebrate your impending new move into a new house - in these days and bizarre times, that's a great accomplishment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've also moved many times and my cats adapt pretty easily. Why? BOXES!!!!! And they love exploring new places. The only stressors with them are the car rides.

If your cats sense your feelings like mine do, this last move should be better than most for them. I mean, you're buying your own home (yay!!!!). Why would you feel guilty? You're taking your cats with you, not dumping them like some people do when they move. Sounds like they have a pretty wonderful life with you, have THAT feeling instead of stress. Embrace and celebrate your impending new move into a new house - in these days and bizarre times, that's a great accomplishment.

Thanks so much for the positive perspective. i should remember that. and i think i'll read this comment when i'll start to feel guilty again.

thank you <3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts