Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I make heavy use of the highlighted paw icons to keep track of where I've been. I've noticed though, when I close my browser and then return, everything that was there before I left is no longer highlighted. I've checked my settings to see if there's something I'm missing, but can't find a way to keep my unread threads designated until I've read them. It's such a handy feature, but to make full use of it requires that I read everything in one session. Sometimes I have to read the forums a few minutes at a time.

Is there a setting I'm missing? I can, of course, simply check the time stamp on each thread; but I'm trying to take the lazy way out.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi James,

Gee, I wish you hadn't identified this as the lazy way out... :wink:

Like you, I rely a lot on the icon colors. However, I believe that the colors change to indicate what is new since your last visit. I have a phpBB up in another location and I have been trying to figure out the very same issue. I cannot seem to find anything in the phpBB support guide that mentions it, either.

Catman might be able to shed some more light on the issue, since he is more familiar with the forum software than I. There might be a mod available that I am unaware of.

Off topic here (go figure, right??), but how is your wife? It's been a while since I have seen any updates.

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike said:
Hi James,

Off topic here (go figure, right??), but how is your wife? It's been a while since I have seen any updates.
She has improved so much, Mike. Of course her constant effort has been very helpful, but I think there's been more involved than that.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I noticed somewhat of a workaround tonight, James.

If the title of the post is bold, it means it's not in your browsers history. If it isn't bold, then you've read it.

The bold threads here are things I haven't looked at in the last five days or so.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I might be able to make some limited use of that. I'm getting pretty well accustomed to just making use of the time stamps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts