Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently started giving Missy massages. For various reasons she jumps up on the bed and sits with her back toward me. I usually take both hands and wrap them around her, thumbs to the centre of her back. Then I stroke from the neck down to the thighs.

Then it occured to me that, her being an older cat, her shoulder muscles might be a bit stiff. That being so, I gently put my thumbs under her shoulder blades and gave a soft massage. Then I let my hands slide down her sides, massaging her ribs as I went. Next is the hip joints. She seems to love the whole thing, but it sort of makes her collapse whereupon she rolls onto her side, and takes the position for a tummy rub.

Anybody else give massages?

·
Registered
566 Posts
I do. My cats love it and it relaxes them. I have 3 dogs and a ferret so they get a little stressed! Fat Albert purrs SO loud it is funny.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yup, I do this for both my cats. Sassy has to be in the right mood to enjoy being touched, but when she is she'll practically fall asleep right there. Occasionally I've even caught my Dad doing this - and I think Sassy likes his massages more than mine! The nerve of that cat.... :razz:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts