Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

A few days ago I bought a rug (quite fluffy) and placed in front of my fireplace. The moment I put it down my female calico tortie started trying to bite it and chew it. Last night, though, she went even further. She threw herself at it, wrapped it all round herself and started moving in a sexual way, even though she has been spayed. She kept doing it until I told her off, then she went down to her toys at the other end of the room, half lay, half sat on a toy with it touching her private parts and started doing the movement again. Do cats still feel sexual even when they've been spayed or neutered, and could it be she is trying to mate with the nearest thing to a male cat, ie a fluffy rug?

(BTW, my cat doesnt go outside as she is terrified of it)

Thanks,
Spartan

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
If the cat still has the ovaries left in the body she will keep the mating behavior and she'll get into heat. Hovewer if the cat has had both the ovaries and the uterus removed the behavior shouldn't continue. It can take a coupple of moths before the hormones have left the body.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Hmm, well I have a cat Twinkie whose a boy that does similar actions to the rug, a sheepskin rug, I did post a question on that in this message board. He will not step on this rug afterwards or any other time than doing the naughty with that rug and he is neutered too. Although I sometimes think he doesnt have all his testicles out since they couldnt find one of them and had to do more surgery on it. Regardless, this is amusing behavior, i laugh everytime I see it, it really is funny after awhile. If you look at him while he is doing it he will yap at you and then run off... I guess he is ashamed... I dont know... :oops:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts