Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
He/she looks so cute and fragile. I hope Yoda & Dunga learn to easily accept Maugli. Looks like you'll have a friend for life... and what an accomplishment. I still feel so bad about the poor little black kitten. :cry:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Eva that kitten is SO cute! Now just don't go getting attached to him, because several of us are going to want him for our own! =_

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
She definately looks like a little fighter. I am so happy for you guys, you had such a hard time and here is the reward - sweet little Maugly. Congratulations - you are great parents :D
As for the sex here is an explanation I have found that helped me :
Telling a Cat's Gender

Q: How can you tell the sex of your kitten?

Answer: Both male and female kittens have two openings in the anal area. They are closer together in the female. The one closest to the tail in both sexes is the anus. In a female, the vulva is a vertical slit almost joined to the anus like an upside down exclamation mark. In a male, the tip of the penis is hidden in a small round opening about 1/2 inch below the anus. Testicles in a male kitten usually become obvious when the kitten is about 6 weeks old and clearly visible in an adult male who is not neutered.
OR
The female kitten's reproductive organs are very close to the rectum while the male's testes are between the rectum and the male organ, such that the male's organ is much further away from the rectum than the female's

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you. :)

Ioana, I will try to look when I get home from work. I think I will still have to take a picture and post it. I don't think I will be able to say by myself.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Jeanie, Thanks for the link...Duh! I didnt think to look here! :oops:

What a sweet little baby....Ah Man...this makes me want one! ==>

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
In the first picture it looks like a boy ..the second like a girl :roll:.
Jeanie is right - when I want to tell the gender of *my* kitties I look from the rear. Your baby is still very young and it can be confusing at this stage. I am thinking Maugli might be a girl however.

Here is an image that may help you

ps I hope you will post some pictures from the rear as well, Eva - we want to find out for certain if we need to get either pink or blue outfits for your cutie :wink:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts