Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's a really cool idea, but I agree that it's a pretty steep price. QR Codes are pretty simple and free to generate on some websites so you're really just paying for the service :/

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
This is the same concept as pethub. I got a free 1 year premium sub for MowMOw (from a contest) and they were kind enough to toss in an extra collar/sub for Book.

It's pretty nifty. I like how Pethub sends you an email anytime your pet's code is scanned. I can only imagine how much relief I'd feel to get that email if they were lost, I could pinpoint almost exactly where they were found....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Having a collar that has your phone number on it is a good thing. Microchipping has limited effectiveness. I'm sure there are a lot of cases where someone took in a "stray" cat and didn't know someone owned them until they got sick and took them to a vet.

I also think there are a lot of people who would take in a stray cat and once they fall in love with it, they're not about to return it to their rightful owner.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Bill,
That's why its so important to get out ads in papers, on craigslist, posters plastered everywhere, contact any shelters, put posters in vets office's, etc. Offer a Reward!
If your cat has health issues put that on your posters!

·
Registered
352 Posts
For a helpless stray I had hanging around, I did craigslist and the human society has a website for lost or found pets. I posted pics on both and checked the neighborhood for posters but alas, no calls. So we brought her in to Cat's House and the wife and her are 'buds'. She is still skeptical of me (after all I did for her and feeding her outside for a month twice a day). Geez.................even spent a hundred and fifty at the vet cause she had a virus.....but that is ok.....she was warm and safe all winter and is something for Eliza (21) to 'talk' to.... Lately she even comes to me on the bed but doesn't stay long...a head rub or two or she will lay down close by, in between the other two if they let her.

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Having a collar that has your phone number on it is a good thing. Microchipping has limited effectiveness. I'm sure there are a lot of cases where someone took in a "stray" cat and didn't know someone owned them until they got sick and took them to a vet.

I also think there are a lot of people who would take in a stray cat and once they fall in love with it, they're not about to return it to their rightful owner.
I'm sure there are just as many cases where the person took the cat straight to the vet/shelter/rescue and they contacted the owner.

I asked my vet about the second comment when I was in the office one time and she said that THEY would be the one making contact, not the person who brought the pet in.. for that exact reason.

Personally, even if it only had a minimal chance of working I'd do everything possible to make sure my boys came home to me...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts