Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well - today was interesting. A friend of a friend will be moving in the summer, so I POSSIBLY have a relatively cheap 1 bedroom apartment come summer. For a $50-70 a month hike I could be in a flat with a wash/dryer, and closer to the city. Which of course would be very nice. And it allows CATS! Well - pets actually (they have a dog). Hardwood floors too... Before I get too excited, I better stop myself. I have to check with my current landlord about switching to a month to month lease come July, because they're going to buy a house and aren't 100% sure when they are moving.

The OTHER thing is about Julia, a cat I posted about before. I lived with her and her owner before for a bit, and she's about 5-6 years old and moved down from Ontario a few years ago. Sadly, his wife is very allergic and they are moving back to Ontario in June. He's afraid he can't take her with him (which is a shame cause he really loves her). So I may take her. BUT - I'm not allowed to have cats at this place. And if they find out I have TWO may really **** them off. BUT if I move it would be ok... Lots of ifs ands and buts. I'm 90% sure I'll take her though. Moby may have a playmate after all. Another BUT is that we are pretty unsure if they will get along. I don't know about Moby, but I am confident. But Julia (while very friendly) can be scared by other cars. And she still has claws when Moby doesn't.

Your ideas?

And here's a Moby pic, helping me post on the forum.

·
Banned
410 Posts
I think it would be great for you to adopt Julia. It would be good for Moby to have a buddy. I see my cats swat at each other all of the time, but I think mostly they are playing. I think my cats enjoy the company--even if they don't always get along, it's probably comforting for them to not be alone. I also thought Julia was a very pretty cat. ::))

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Moby looks sleepy... but so cute as always.

I'm thinking of the same thing with another cat but I have so many concerns.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Maybe adopting Julia

Bean and Richo - if you both get more cats, I think I will be the only 'one-cat' person on this forum :lol:
But seriously, Bean, hope all those ifs and buts work out well. You must be really feeling on tenterhooks!

seashell

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well - one thing down. Tonight hopefully it will be arranged that as of July 1st I will be on month to month rent, making it easier to move when the time comes. :)

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Re: Maybe adopting Julia

seashell said:
Bean and Richo - if you both get more cats, I think I will be the only 'one-cat' person on this forum :lol:
I only have one, so it will be at least you and I!! :wink:
I know what you mean, seems like everybody has a multiple cat family.
I have certainly thought about adding another, but I share alot of the concerns that everyone has already expressed. It is so hard to know.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Maybe adopting Julia

Oh, and there's Anniss and Sabby - he's another 'only child', isn't he?

Bean, I'm glad you've got the first problem sorted. Now you're ready to spring into action when/if the time comes :)

seashell

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Bean, I hope it works out for you to get Julia. Then she and Moby can become best friends. ::))

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Whoops! :oops: kittygirl, you are spoken for, aren't you? If not, no, it wasn't a mistake. If you are, of course I meant Moby!!! :D Talk about a faux pas.....Sorry, Bean. (but she could be available. I don't know!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts