Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( ..my family is staying wit me for a while and so far my cat has clinged to my aunt and when i pet him he doesnt even purr anymore..i am worried...what should i do?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hi Shortbug, welcome to the forum...I'm Mike, butler/can-opener and keeper of the keys for the Jellicle Tribe. :)

I'm not sure what the issue is to be honest. When my parents visit, my mother can't hardly get off the couch due to Etcetera D'Calico being on her lap almost constantly. But, once they go home, she's back to business as usual, trying to talk me out of something to eat. Of course, I may not be understanding your concern, sometimes I have trouble catching on to things :)

I'm also going to move your post to Behavior, perhaps there more people will have some input on the subject that will help you. There are a lot of really knowledgeable people that hang out here. Welcome again. :)

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
I have 11 cats that all get attention and love. However, when my friend Danyell comes over BooBoo throws me over to love all over HER! He head butts her, purrs, snuggles and just sits on her and smiles his kitty smile while purring and kneading his paws on her. He LOVES Danyell.
When she comes over, or calls, I sing-song voice to him; "BooBoo, your girlfriend's here/on the phone!" and he will come running to see her, or 'talk' to her over the phone.

BooBoo will get affectionate with me, but not to the same extent he does with Danyell. He will behave this way EVERY time with Danyell, but with me...maybe 1-2 times a month. The rest of the time, he is happy to just be petted a little throughout the day.

Sometimes, cats just form an instant "like" to a person. <shrugs>
Heidi

·
Super Moderator
18,409 Posts
When my parents come to visit, Kobi immediately casts me aside for my father. I can be calling him to come up on my lap...and he'll look at me, then go jump on Dad's lap...the little traitor :evil: This will go on for the entire visit, which in the summer, is 5 weeks.

But as soon as Dad goes home...he comes sucking up to me again...

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
My Sam was abused as a kitten and would hide when people he didn't know came over, until i told him they were a friend. And even then he was always a bit shy.
One day an old girlfriend came over and after the usual introduction Sam was immediately extremely affectionate with her. Whenever she came over after that Sam would head-butt her and sit on her lap purring away and kneading with claws retracted. :p
Was it just that Sam and i shared the same taste in women? :lol:
:kittyball

1 - 5 of 5 Posts