Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my little man, Booth (named after Seeley Booth from the TV show Bones). He's currently about 3.5 months old.

I found him when he was about 5 weeks old, abandoned in the forest at the summer camp I work for! He was almost starved to death but he miraculously survived and is thriving!

But anyway, here he is! I feel like he might be a big cat in the making, he's so lanky and big now! Haha

6 weeks old:

10 weeks old:

(Awkward growth stage much? haha)

12 weeks old and already riding horses! Hahaha

"Horsey tail?"

"Hooooorrrrrssssseeeeyyyyyy...."

Yesterday (he decided to get a lil' stuck in his toy... Haha):

Also, any guesses as to what color he might technically be? As you can see he's a lot black but also really gray...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Oh he's so cute. I also like the mix of black and gray. I used to have a cat that slept on my horse at night to keep warm.

Kathy

·
Super Moderator
26,401 Posts
He's adorable - looks like he has a fever coat, is he getting darker?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys!

marie73- I don't think he's getting darker... That last picture just looks a lot darker because it was taken indoors, on a phone camera, and in not so great lighting. All the other pictures were taken outdoors with a good camera. If anything, he's getting lighter in some areas (like his ruff) and maybe a little darker in his body, where he was already dark. I even found two pure white hairs on his back yesterday, that hadn't been there before! o_O

·
Registered
580 Posts
Looks like the growing out of fever coat. I had a black and white kitten last year with it and thats exactly what he looked like when it grew out. Also my black and white cat has many stray white hairs, as do the "all" black kittens I'm fostering.

Leslie

·
Super Moderator
26,401 Posts
It's too bad the fever coat coloring doesn't stay that way, it's sooooo cute!

But black cats are so special, too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts