Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been two kitties hanging around, one orange and white, and one tortie. They're both the exact same size, not sure if they're strays or feral or what. They seem young, but I can't tell size very well. It could be they look smallish to me because they have short hair. The bowl is 6" in diameter, if that helps.

Is it just me, or are his back feet HUGE? 8O

Cali runs from window to window when Coby comes around. And when he's not there, she watches for him. :luv

All the girls have seen both kitties, with no bad no reaction, thank goodness!

I wanted to name the little orange boy "Toby" but that was taken. So he's Coby (California Toby). Haven't named little tortie-girl yet. I'm also just guessing at their sex because of their colors....

The pictures are poor quality, taken through a window. He usually runs off once I touch the door handle, but he hung around because there was food.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Re: Meet Coby (Cali's boyfriend)

Wow! Coby's back feet *are* huge! I think he will be a very big cat. I love his tabby markings...he is very unusual to me. He looks like a mix between all three Mackerel patterns: Striped, Broken Striped and Spotted. Very unusual.
Photos look good. That was how I started with The Wanderer, Oscar, Malibu and even Pretty.

·
Super Moderator
26,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

He came by for a while tonight, but on the other side of the fence. He seems just as fascinated watching Cali and the other girls (and me) as we are watching him. He and his sister seem to run off in the same general direction, so I think they might belong to someone on the other end of the cul-de-sac.

·
Super Moderator
26,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Holy cow, Xanti!!!

I just searched for his picture and it DOES look like him! 8O

·
Registered
6,953 Posts

You could find out real fast by putting flyers around and implying, **hinting** ever so slightly that you'll have to take him to the shelter if someone doesn't speak up. That's how I found out the stray cat visiting our front door belonged to the people across the street. The woman called within minutes saying, "Oh no! We love him!" :p

·
Super Moderator
26,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Meet Coby ** update **

Finally saw Jim today and asked about the kitties. OMG! He was working in one of the empty houses and peeeeeeeeeeeeew! He's very upset about the cats. Apparently, the people that lived in the house he's working on had cats who had 2-3 litters of kittens and when they left recently, they just let the cats go. So we have almost 20 feral cats/kittens right now. He knew exactly what kitty I was asking about - he wants Coby (a girl!) for himself!!! The Humane Society is trying to TNR all the cats, they come by when they can. When they get Coby and another kitten Jim likes, they're going to return those two to Jim, who will keep them as inside cats. They're having problems with these cats trying to get IN other houses, clawing up their door and window screens. So he said if I want, I can certainly keep on feeding Coby, but that it's a good thing I had put the food in my backyard, because I would have had a ton of cats if I'd put the food out front! 8O The house they used to live in is across from mine, on the other side of the circle, and that's where they huddle at night. Poor little kitties. :(

Stupid, stupid owners. :?

·
Super Moderator
26,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just saw Coby close-up - on the other side of the window!! She and Cali were just staring and staring. She's sooooo tiny and sooooo cute! She was with the black and white kitty - the other one that Jim wants to adopt. I hope they're caught soon, he'll give them a wonderful home.

It's irresponsible renters/cat owners who left that stinking mess in the house across from me that give responsible cat owners a bad name. Who could blame my landlady if she stopped letting people have cats??? She wouldn't of course, but this is how it happens.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Do you think that the Humane Society would let you have a trap since the Coby and company are comfortable around your house? This way you can get them for Jim before something happens to them.

Those poor, poor kitties.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts