Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, you might have met him before, but here's a picture I snapped today:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I love his little "bikini" :D He lies like that all the time!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Furry tummy scratching... while I love looking at my cat do the belly role - I always know that means he wants to play.

Very pretty kitty - are his eyes green? I like the little white spot on his belly too! My kitty has one as well... and so did his mother. I wonder if there is a gene in some kittys that gives them that one white spot...

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gabreilla Moushigo said:
Very pretty kitty - are his eyes green?
Actually, they're kinda copper-colored (see the picture in my signature).

Gabriella Moushigo said:
I like the little white spot on his belly too! My kitty has one as well... and so did his mother. I wonder if there is a gene in some kittys that gives them that one white spot...
Well, I just did a paper on feline coat color genetics :D Acually, what happens is when the cat is developing, the pigment cells start out at the top of the head and then move down around the back, ending with the belly. The white part is the part that the pigment cells didn't get to yet. That's why we have tuxedo cats; have you ever seen a cat who is white all over and black on the belly? I haven't. This article describes this in more detail: http://home.earthlink.net/~featherland/off/white.html

·
Registered
651 Posts
Wow, I didn't get all the way through the article, but it should certainly be required reading for anyone who wants to breed cats. Especially the parts about white cats, blue eyes, and deafness. Has that been posted in the breeding forum?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts