13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Matt (pic 1) and Maxie (pic 2)
My mom calls them her "Grand-Kitties."
Their coloring is so pretty.

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Is Matt male? That's very unusual color for a male kitten. They're both very cute. Beautiful "paint jobs".

And clicking on the pics took me to your album where I got to see little Misha. That was very sad. RIP kitten.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is Matt male? That's very unusual color for a male kitten. They're both very cute. Beautiful "paint jobs".

And clicking on the pics took me to your album where I got to see little Misha. That was very sad. RIP kitten.
Yeah, Matt is a male. I think he might be a "Tortoiseshell" with white? I've been reading that it's rare for them to be male? Misha also had orange patches on him, and he was a male. There was also another sibling from their litter that looked almost exactly like Misha, but it was dead when we rescued them, my mom said it was a male, too.

I miss Misha, I didn't have him that long but he snuggled his way into my heart. :'(

·
Banned
302 Posts
Male calicos are rare as well. If anyone has a male calico, they have money in the bank, because they are very rare. I would love to have a male calico and keep him forever. Calicos are always female and so are tortoiseshells. So yeah, if Matt is really a male tortoiseshell then keep him inside so no one snatches him.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Male calicos are rare as well. If anyone has a male calico, they have money in the bank, because they are very rare. I would love to have a male calico and keep him forever. Calicos are always female and so are tortoiseshells. So yeah, if Matt is really a male tortoiseshell then keep him inside so no one snatches him.
I knew male Calicos were rare but I didn't even know what a Tortoiseshell was until today. hahaha. I just thought I'd look up the fur colors for the heck of it. Had no idea my Mattie would be rare, if that's what he is.
I plan on keeping them both inside, nobody is gonna take my babies. *huggles them*

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cute kitties. My first cat was a calico. I have a special corner in my heart for calicos. :) Male calico is good luck too! They are super rare.
I watched a friend's Calico for a few months while they were moving and she was adorable and loved to sleep on my face. :p
Good luck, huh? Should hide him in my purse when I go to Vegas. hehe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts